During the course of each individual study the supervisor must attend to the following:
- Ensure that the PhD student in question develops into an independent researcher and obtains the skills stipulated in the ministerial order.
- No later than 11 months after enrollment an updated PhD plan is uploaded through PhD manager.
- Complete progress reports for each PhD student every 6 months. This is done through the PhD manager portal, an email is sent to the supervisor once a progress report is due. Inspiration for the evaluation process.
- Cooperate with the head of the assigned doctoral program on the PhD study in question.
- Conduct staff appraisal interviews (MUS) the first two years of the PhD study.
- Sign applications for leave of absence and applications for financial support.
- Assess and approve outcome of conference participitation. (6 ECTS maximum during a PhD study). If you are planning to obtain more than 6 ECTS via conference participitation, please contact the doctoral school.
In some cases a PhD study may encounter unforseen issues during the three years of study. It is important that the supervisor and/or the student adresses these issues sooner rather than later. Unresolved and seemingly irrelevant issues may lead to serious problems later on in the study.
Should you encounter issues that you cannot resolve amongst yourselves please contact the doctoral school who will initiate contact to the PhD Study Director.