The following section presents important milestones and deadlines related to the PhD study. Please ensure that all deadlines are kept throughout the duration of the study. If you are looking for a simple overview of the entire study, check out the link to the figure at the bottom of this page.
- Application for enrollment must be forwarded no later than 1 month prior to the desired starting date. Please ensure all material is present and that the application is signed.
- The PhD plan must initially be uploaded 2 months after the enrollment date. An updated version is due 12 months after the enrollment date. This process is handled automatically through PhD manager.
- Application for financial support in relation to studies abroad must be submitted no later than 1 month prior to the commencement of the stay.
- Application for leave of absence must be forwarded no later than 1 month prior to the commencement of the leave.
- The suggestion for an assessment committee for the defense must be forwarded no later than 4 months prior to submission (6 months is recommended). Please adhere to the rules regarding the assessment committee and apply the provided checklist.
- The student must submit approved co-author statements (if any) and an approved supervisor statement no later than 9 weeks prior to the defense. The thesis must not be submitted before these elements are approved.
- The student must be provided with the preliminary assessment no later than 2 weeks prior to the defense. The preliminary assessment must however be submitted to the Doctoral School no later than 3 weeks prior to the defence.
A full overview of a standard PhD process is illustrated in this figure